Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day #31 - July 14, 2010

Reno, NV to San Francisco, CA
227 Miles


I left Reno today at 6:30 a.m., eager to get home to San Francisco, so I didn't do much sightseeing along the way. I did stop briefly at the Donner Memorial State Park near the summit of the Sierras where I had coffee and a muffin that I had purchased earlier. Donner Summit elevation is 7,227 feet.



I also stopped briefly at the scenic view area at Emigrant Gap.



These photos were taken in this area.






From there I did not stop until I arrived home about 11:00 a.m.

Here is a photo of my car in the driveway. I think I'll give it a rest for a few days. It served me well for the past month.




I'm going to relax now and probably post a summary of highlights of the trip tomorrow. The vacation was great fun and very educational. Now to plan my next trip.

1 comment: